Friday, March 17, 2006

Reconciliation

This year as I was praying about what my personal Lenten observance would be, I got an interesting message. Some years I've done nothing. Some years I've done a complete media fast. I've never tried to give up chocolate, because, let's face it - it just so happens that Lent coincides with Cadbury Creme Egg season and to me, those are truly the nectar of the gods.

The message I received from God was that this year Lent would be about creating habits, not about giving things up, and that the focus would be on reconciliation. I wish God were this clear all the time; things would be easier.

It should be no surprise, then, that the past week has seen the disintigration of one of the dearest friendships I have known over the past 4 years. I don't know what to do. I have begged and pleaded with this friend for dialogue and reconciliation and he refuses. I have prayed and asked friends to pray, and he will not budge. Clearly this is something God knew about when he started me on this journey and I am not amused. I am at a loss for what to do. I am fighting my natural tendency to aruge and be right. I am wanting to fix things and I can't. I am putting this request out to the universe because all prayers are welcome.

I would also like to hear of other Lenten experiences and know and about the battles going on out there so I can pray for you.

No comments: