Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy Birthday, Lilyan!

Today is the birthday of my oldest friend. Not oldest in age, but been around the longest. We've known each other since the 6th grade and were inseparable in high school. We went to the same church, sang in choir together, took some college classes together, and are always returning to each other no matter how much time passes.

Lilyan was born in Ft. Worth, Texas, and has always been proud to share her birthday with Tom Landry. Later, she was elated to discover that she also shares it with Harry Connick, Jr. She is smart, tough, creative, loyal, and pretty freaking hilarious. There are many moments of my life that I could not have endured had she not been here. She moved to L.A. 10 years ago, and then a year later I moved to S.F. We're in the same state, but geographically the distance is the same as when I was in Phx.

She's been through a lot, has a completely crazy family, but navigates it all with great style and grace. Welcome to 35, my friend. I've been keeping it warm for you.

No comments: