Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Stupid Tax

Here I sit on the eve of my 35th birthday and am apparently no wiser for my efforts. I was home Friday morning perusing my calendar when I came upon Thursday, May 24th. I couldn't help but notice an entry made there about 2 months ago regarding a worship gathering of Presbyterian pastors at MBCC that I have committed to lead at 7 PM. Sounds good, you say. Yes, it does. However, there is a tiny hiccup: I am flying home to visit my babies for Memorial Day weekend and it seems as though I booked my flight for Thursday, May 24th at 3:30 PM. See the difficulty? With great trepidation I called the airline and pleaded with the lovely woman who was working a night shift in India, but she would not be persuaded. I must pay an additional $150 to change the ticket. That, my friends, is a stupid tax.

1 comment:

some chick said...

yes, but it IS for Jesus...