Friday, April 13, 2007

Things I Love Right Now

1. My NEW SHOES.
I accendentally bought these last night at Aliana. LOVE THEM!! I have been looking at them for weeks now and wanting them. I was going to order them from Piperlime because they were on sale there (and to support the team), but they ran out of my size. When I went into Aliana, they had them, but they were still full price. When I told them that they were on sale elsewhere, she knocked the price down much closer to Piperlime's sale price, so I went for it. How cute are these?


2. Laurell
Those who know me will find this ironical (that was on purpose, for those who don't know me), but Laurell is a fantastic singer/worship leader person from Canada. In my soul, I am Canadian, so my love for another Canadian will not be a shock. What will be a shock, however, is the fact that she was a contestant on Canadian Idol, and yet I'm willing to love her. We'll all get over that, I'm sure. She may be coming through the Bay Area in July, so keep an eye out, b/c I'm going to be trying to get her in to some local venues. Go to her website and you can listen to her two latest albums (one pop, one worship) for free. You'll definintely want to buy them. Track 2 - Dream, is my favorite.
3. Trader Joe's Finds
a. Trader Joe's Salted Old Fashioned Blister Peanuts.
According to the package: Generations ago folks soaked peanuts in water to remove the red skins prior to roasting. This caused the peanuts to "blister" during roasting, resulting in an incomparable crunch.
Who knew? Whatever the process, these things are delish, and they represent my only level of participation in baseball season.
b. Double Rainbow Soy Cream Very Cherry Chip
Another Trader Joe's find - don't judge until you taste! I'm not a fan of soy substitutions in general, but damn - this stuff is good. Huge chunks of actual cherries and semi-sweet chocolate chunks. I would lodge one important complaint, and that is that the chocolate is a bit crumbly, but otherwise - quite the tasty treat.
c. Cinamon Raisin Swirl Bread
Sweet fancy Moses! There are no words in the English language to describe the wonder of this bread. You have to taste it for yourself. Toast it up with a little bit of butter and you're in heaven. I'm told it makes a marvelous french toast as well, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure it would be divine.

1 comment:

Reyes-Chow said...

Not sure why we are friends. Soy and Raisins, two things that make me gag!