Saturday, June 23, 2007

My Secret Shame


I've decided to come clean. For years I have kept hidden my irrational love for '80's spy dramedy Scarecrow & Mrs. King. Whenever I would be asked what my favorite TV show of all time has been I would avert my eyes, shuffle my feet and say "thirtysomething." Now, I love me some thirtysomething - it's definitely in my top 5.

Scarecrow & Mrs. King
was on from 1983 - 1987, which puts me ages 11 - 15, which would be part of my excuse, but I still watch it. I love the Cold War-era drama, uber-80s wardrobe, Amanda King's sassy station wagon, Francine Desmond's hair wings of death, Billy's stern scowl at all of Scarecrow's unorthodox crime-fighting methods, the cheesy sets, horrible stunts and over-the-top acting.

But most of all, I was in LOVE with Bruce Boxleitner. The WASPy, tall, feathered hair-edness of it all. I was mesmerized by him. I also love that Kate Jackson was the one that solved all the cases, even though Scarecrow fancied himself the superior agent. Granted, she did so as a ditzy, rambling den mother to two Junior Trailblazers, but she still always figured it out.

I have recently discovered that AOL Video has a channel called In2Tv and in their Drama section, they offer many of the 88 episodes for free, so I've been watching them as I pack and move. It's been total heaven, and I've decided not to hide it any more.

My name is Tiffany, and I love Scarecrow & Mrs. King.

1 comment:

Reyes-Chow said...

Wow, so little room to talk now.