Thursday, January 17, 2008

Palm Reading

For the first time ever, I had my palms read. Please don't write to me about how evil and demonic it is. It was for entertainment purposes and curiosity.

A woman at work, R, is from India and her family has read palms for generations. Her grandfather made a lot of money off the British colonials telling them the stories in their hands. She only does it for fun and doesn't expect anyone to take it too seriously. She and I really don't know each other very well b/c we don't work together so anything she says will be purely from my hands.

The first thing she said was that family is very important to me, but that it wasn't always. There was a time I didn't care, but now I do, very much. That was dead on. She saw that I live some distance from them, but we're still close. She saw that I will do a lot of traveling, that I've done some, but I'll do a lot more. She also saw that I will have a lot of career success and good health until I'm about 60 or 65 but then I'll have some health issues. I told her she could tell me the bad stuff, but she said she only says what she sees and she doesn't see anything bad.

The best, however, was my "other half." I had no idea what she was talking about. She said the man in my life is very intelligent, very spiritual and we are extremely compatible and have great chemistry. I said, "What man?" She said it was clear there was someone in my life like that, and I assured here there is not. Well, then you'll meet him very soon, she says. She said she also sees 2 children. I asked if that was my niece and nephew and she said no, they are definitely mine. I asked her what she thinks the time table is, and she said I should be married with the two children by the time I'm 32. Whoops.

No comments: