Yesterday Revhrod had the 24 hour flu. She had been told by the people who had it first that it really was a twenty-four hour bug. And so while she dealt with all the blech of the flu, she kept reminding herself that morning would come and she would feel a lot better.
This is certainly a strange way to start out a Friday Five but it made me think about what I might like to do if I knew it would only last for 24 hours. There are no reality boundaries to these imaginings. So here are the five things for you to consider...
1. If you could dramatically change your physical appearance for 24 hours, what would you do?
I think I'd become a man, just to see what it's like and to see how I'd be treated differently.
2. If you could live in another place for 24 hours where would you go?
"Someplace warm, where the beer flows like wine, and beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano....ASPEN" (bonus points if you can guess the movie)
Seriously, probably anywhere that it's culturally appropriate to take naps.
3. You get to do somebody else's job for a day...
I'd like to try being a personal shopper, I think.
4. Spend the day with another person from anywhere in time and space...
I'd like to go back a few generations and spend time with my Mennonite family in Prussia and see what their lives were like, particularly the women.
5. A magical power is yours. Which one would you pick?