Monday, August 25, 2008

To watch or not to watch?

The new 90210. I'm torn. Yes, I did in fact watch all 10 seasons of the original and I'm not all that ashamed of it. I don't even have the excuse of being in high school when it started because I WAS IN COLLEGE. Don't care. Love drama. But the new one. I'm not sure. The cast is mildly interesting, especially Shannen Doherty and Jennie Garth. Jennie is a hometown girl and I have friends who went to high school with her, so I feel I need to support her. I'm a little sad about Tori being in the group but I fully support her bowing out after they refused to pay her as much as the other two. That's ridiculous. Did any of us chant "Kelly Taylor Graduates! Kelly Taylor Graduates!"? No. It was Donna Martin for whom we were cheering so enthusiastically when she was threatened with losing her diploma b/c she drank champagne before the prom. And whose was the big wedding in the series finale? That's right DONNA & DAVID!! So why wouldn't she get paid as much as the other two? Whatever. Anyway, I haven't decided if I'm going to indulge in the new offering that premiers next week. What say you, dear readers?

2 comments:

Alexis said...

I totally support watching it. I'm intrigued, too. Btw, I'd be happy to take you on any day for 90210 trivia. I still can't hear Losing My Religion without flashing back to Brenda and Dylan breaking up...both times. If you really want a good guilty pleasure, though, check out Gossip Girl. It's like 90210 drama on crack.

Rachel said...

Wow. Good for you for letting your beautiful, awesome totally freak flag fly. You rock that 90210 out, and I will be getting my play by play from you.