Thursday, February 21, 2008

RevGals Heavenly Friday Five

This Week's Friday Five from Singing Owl.

What is your idea of a heavenly (i.e. wonderful and perfect):

1. Family get-together

A heavenly get-together is when I get to try out new recipes for fancy food. We go to the store, get the stuff, and everyone gets out of my way and I have the kitchen to myself. A masterpiece emerges and I am greeted with appropriate reverence. Dinner is served, compliments are lavished upon me, and someone else cleans up while I play with the babies.

2. Song or musical piece

This is a tough one for me as a musician who loves many genres of music. My favorite piece of choral music is Brahms' Requiem and it is transcendent. For me, heavenly music is the exact right piece at the exact right moment - it could be Def Leppard or Fanny Crosby, but never Yanni.

3. Gift

A good book, a day at the spa, iTunes gift cards.

4. You choose whatever you like-food, pair of shoes, vacation, house, or something else. Just tell us what it is and what a heavenly version of it would be.

Chicken tikka masala from Naan & Curry that was still made entirely of heavy cream, but that didn't make me fat. Any Christian Laboutin shoe that didn't cost more than my car. A house on the beach in Mendocino - no need to improve on that.

5. And for a serious moment, or what would you like your entrance into the next life to be like? What, from your vantage point now, would make Heaven "heavenly?"

Warmth, love, family, and an eternity of the aforementioned chicken tikka masala.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just so you know your link is bad, you need to modify it.
good play though.

Deb said...

ROFL on Yanni. (or is that YAWNi) but I hear ya on struggling to choose the music. (I went with Bach, but it could have been Brahms!)

enjoyed your play!
Deb

Womack said...

I remember more than once being the recipient of one of your delicious creations! You certainly have a gift and that area and a beautiful voice to go along with it.