Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wardrobe Malfunction


For my sesquicentennial post, I bring to you a tale of emerald green, defective ruching, and mass transit.

Today, I wore, the above top for the first time. Super cute, super comfortable, and I even had green and white gingham flats to match. Put it all together with a smart pair of trouser jeans and I was ready for another day downtown. Fast forward to the gym. I went to the Chisel class - loved it - cleaned up and was getting dressed to go back to work when.....rrrrrrrrrrrrrip! The ruching on the right side ripped apart and there was a huge hole in my previously cute sweater. As you can see, the ruching is in a particularly unfortunate place for being ripped and I couldn't walk around like that. What's a girl to do?

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your point of view), the sweater came from our KK Main Brand, so I called the nearest store @ E3 to see if they had it in stock. They did not. Mild panic. Then I called Giant Flagship. They did indeed have it. Good times, but I had to use the MUNI to get there. I ran down to the corner, hopped on the N and jetted to the Powell Street station. Ran in, explained my predicament, made the exchange and changed in the fitting room in 5 minutes. Got back on the MUNI and headed back to work, all sewn up and fabulous.

So, kids, what have we learned from today's story? A ruch in time saves nine.

1 comment:

LadyBurg said...

Heeheheheheh Good story!