Thursday, May 08, 2008

My Multi-Lingual Family

Every Tuesday night my Mom & Dad (Gee & Papa, respectively) have the babies, so I call and get in on the action via telephone. Chloe still thinks you can see through the phone, so she's always trying to show me things in the phone - this week it was her new outfit. One of these days I'm going to get me one of them webcams. For now, though, it's the phone.

My dad has a special bond with Ian and this week he started singing to Ian in the dialect of Low German his family speaks. It's the German equivalent of cockney, basically. Dad would start singing and Ian would just bust into fits of contagious toddler giggles. Very cute.

Later when I was on with Gee and Chloe:

Chloe: Auntie Tiffy, I was bouncing and I bit my tongue.

Me: Oh, that is no bueno

Chloe: Gee, your daughter knows a lot of Spanish

No comments: