Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Oh. My. Gosh.

If the crazy uncle sends me one more e-mail forward about how Obama is the antichrist someone is going to get stabbed. This time it was about the flag pin. Here's what I'm saying - what is it that makes those true? Why are they to be trusted because they came via e-mail? If anything, it makes them less trustworthy because there is no citation or evidence to back them. This is how our system works - if you don't like a candidate, then DON'T VOTE FOR THEM. Really that's all that needs to be done here. There is no reason to slander and demonize people because you don't agree with their political convictions. I don't agree with John McCain. I'm not voting for him. Pretty much the end of the story there. I think he's a nice guy with the best intentions but anyone who promises more of the same won't be getting my vote. My work here is done. I don't need to pass things around that malign his character or question his patriotism. I can just not vote for him and get a good night's sleep.

No comments: