Sunday, June 08, 2008

Friday Five on Sunday - Enjoying the View

Yesterday I was driving down 280 to Palo Alto and was enjoying the beautiful view of verdant hills juxtaposed with bright blue water and big fluffy clouds in the sky. It brought me back to this week's Friday Five, a couple of days late. Here we go:

1. How important is the "big picture" to you, do you need a glimpse of the possibilities or are you a details person?
I'm a big picture person all the way. I see everything in possibilities and am much less detail-oriented

2. If the big picture is important to you how do you hold onto it in the nitty gritty details of life?
It's a discipline for me. If I'm ever bogged down in the details I always back up and remember what I'm out to do.

3. Name a book, poem, psalm, piece of music that transports you to another dimension.
Any of Dallas Willard's books. I know it's corny, but Shout to the Lord has some personal significance to me and has a profound effect. As a worship leader, I find myself easily transported in a worship service.

4. Thinking of physical views, is there somewhere that inspires you, somewhere that you breathe more easily?
I love the Northern California coast, particularly up near Mendocino. I also love the view of San Francisco from Twin Peaks. The view from my office is pretty good, too.

5. A picture opportunity... post one if you can ( or a link to one!)
Castle ruins on the northern coast of Ireland.


1 comment:

MezzoCO said...

That is a gorgeous photo!