Saturday, June 14, 2008

Multi-Cultural Communication and Look How Clever I Am

Chloe finished her first week of Vacation Bible School ever this week and it was quite an adjustment. She loved it, of course, but this new routine of getting up and out of the house every morning was taxing and it wore her out.

Me: So, how do you like Vacation Bible School?

Chloe: I LOVE it. But I'm very tired.

Me: You know, in England, when you're very tired you say you're knackered.

Chloe: Knackered?

Me: That's right.

Chloe: Well, in Arizona, where I live, when we're very tired, we just say we're very tired.

Friday I had a massage at the Burke Williams Spa here in town. It was awesome. At the end of the massage, the guy did a thing where he massaged chakra points on my forehead and sternum, at least I thought that's what he was doing.

Me: So, how are my chakras?

Adam: I think I got them lined up pretty good.

Me: Any of them blocked?

Adam: Well, number 4 was a little...I'm just kidding. I don't do that stuff.

Me: OMG. You're a chakra con!

1 comment:

MezzoCO said...

OMG i practically peed my pants....


HILARIOUS. and love it.

and how was burke williams????? i'm totally feeling the need for a massage, myself...