Friday, July 04, 2008

Observations from the last few days

  • Only a true friend would sort and count DAMP currency taken off the bride and groom following their money dance. I am that friend.
  • Catholic communion wafers are a bit like Holy Tiddlywinks.
  • The Sherman is a great place to have a party.
  • I am truly destined to be a lounge singer. Someday.
  • Good Cop/Bad Cop is a great way to deal with caterers.
  • I must truly love Chloe because when we were playing Dora Candyland tonight I actually felt terrible when I was ahead and really wanted her to win. I am normally extremely competitive and I have to win EVERYTHING. The idea of me causing her to lose something was more than I can bear. She expresses full-body joy so beautifully that I want to watch her do it all the time.
  • Chloe giving me a huge hug and telling me how much she loves me and missed me is pretty much my heroin.
  • Watching fireworks on a widescreen plasma TV indoors is better than fighting crowds and sitting outside in 100 degree heat to watch them.
  • Ian has a very curious shoe obsession and I can't wait to see how that unfolds. He's lucky to have a liberal auntie in San Francisco.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Not only a liberal but a wonderful auntie!