Thursday, July 10, 2008

Strong Person Fatigue

My quest to become human continues. This week when I returned from my trip to see my family I was greeted with a very tangible reminder of my forgetfulness and stupidity. Apparently my car was jealous of my shoe shopping sprees and got itself a brand new bright yellow boot. It's completely my own fault. I got some parking tickets (5) and forgot about them. I was actually planning to fight a couple of them, but I just never got to it. I took care of it - it was expensive, but I took care of it. This is what I do. I take care of things. But this week, I was tired of taking care of things.

For the most part I love that I am independent, strong and capable, but sometimes it gets to be too much and I want someone else to do that for me and I just want to be a blob on the couch. Here's the thing, though, and this is my own fault: I'm not so good at the letting people take care of me thing. The combination of me being the person people come to for advice and help and me being a complete control freak makes it somewhat difficult. I totally get that I have great friends who love and support me. The good thing is that I have been able to ask for help a bit this time, and hopefully I'll continue to get better at it.

1 comment:

Reyes-Chow said...

Boots suck.